Monday, May 30, 2011

Owning Myself

I keep forgetting what I wish I would remember.
I keep remembering what I wish I could forget.
I wish I could forget YOU.
You took everything and nothing and I cannot forget it.
When will I own myself completely?
I will let myself go.
Your bonds are loosened because I woke up.
I woke up from this nightmare under your control.
You will never affect me again.
I will own myself!
And the holes you left,
The holes that pierced,
That pierced my heart and my mind,
They will heal.
I will heal.
I do not need you and I never did.
I keep forgetting that tonight is not the last night I will see the light.
The light breaks through the walls.
The walls and the barriers that were built as a protection.
A protection from you,
You and your words that stabbed and sliced through my confidence and my strength.
The light is breaking the walls and I WILL OWN MYSELF COMPLETELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment