Saturday, February 19, 2011

I am walking alone.

I walk alone. I walk alone. The rain is pouring. I don't think it will ever stop. My tears are streaming down my mud covered face. I don't know where I am going, but there is nothing to do but walk, walk alone. Everyone left me behind. I didn't expect it. Who would? I thought they cared. I don't know how long I've been walking. How long I've been walking alone through these empty streets. Time doesn't seem to matter to me anymore. I walk straight down the middle of the road. I walk alone. To my left are the old apartment buildings that they lived in. That we all lived in. Before they left me here. Left me here alone. To my right I see the old mall. It looks more like an abandoned shed now. I used to go to this mall, when it was fantastic and full of life. Just like the rest of this place. But not anymore. I am alone, walking alone. I am surrounded by broken down cars that were left behind. I guess I am a broken down car too, since those are all that was left behind. I climb on top of one of my new kin and scream. Scream until I can't breathe anymore. Of course no one heard me. No one is here but me. I walk alone. Through this once thriving metropolis. All it is now is my boulevard of broken dreams. Mud splashes me with every step I take. I keep my head facing the sky and let the rain blend with my never ending tears. I won't last long this way, all alone. I walk alone and it will kill me. But for now, I walk and walk and walk. All alone. I see a short glimpse of a shimmer behind the clouds. It could only have been my imagination. It was gone in a split second. Just like everyone and everything else. I walk alone with my face to the sky.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite line is... let the rain blend with my never ending tears. Very deep. You are not alone though just keep walking

    ReplyDelete